Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Preaching and Retreat

I have returned to Maine (where my family is) to conduct my annual planning retreat. I will work through my KRA's, and I suspect that A#1 on my list will be fund-raising. Not only for me to continue in this wonderful role, but also to resource our planters. I am learning from other groups like the Kingdom Synergy Group from Ohio and Stadia how much they are doing for their planters, and we have so very far to go. Pray for my time of reflecting and praying and re-visiting my Key Result Area's for this next year.

During the evenings, I am preaching for teen week at Fair Haven. With 16 years of youth ministry under my belt, I have alot to draw from, so it isn't requiring a lot of prep work. But it does require the energy to preach with passion and conviction. I have chosen a "Battle" motif for the week. Last night was - "The Battle" looking at the cosmic battle between Jesus and Satan, and of course, we know who the Champion is (yes, I used the old Carman song and a pretty good video to go along with it). Tonight, "The Battle for the Mind". Wednesday. "The Battle for Image", Thursday I move toward mission with "The Battle for Every Generation", and Friday night I conclude with "Enlistment".

I am working with an outstanding artist - Brian Neil - who has worked with a bunch of other artists as a part of their band, noteable and worshipfully, Todd Agnew. So far, I would have to say that I highly commend www.briannealministries.com to you for leading worship or for a concert. Pray for a good week for us both as we minister each night to about 150 people.

No comments: